IAC Alumni Employers
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) has Dan Trombley on staff as an Engineering Associate. The ACEEE is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency as a means of promoting both economic prosperity and environmental protection.
- Optimum Energy employs IAC SDSU Alumni Ben Erpelding, P.E., C.E.M., as Director of Engineering. Optimum Energy develops networked building control applications and products to reduce energy consumption in commercial buildings.
- Portland Energy Conservation, Inc. employs IAC Iowa State Alumni Hanna Friedman, P.E., as an Associate Director leading PECI's commissioning projects, training, and research. PECI assists their clients in promoting energy-efficient practices and technologies that benefit both businesses and individual consumers.
- Clough, Harbour & Associates, LLP employs IAC Syracuse Alumni Adam Knapp, I.E., C.E.M. CHA specializes in civil, environmental, transportation, traffic, electrical, mechanical, structural, geotechnical, and communications infrastructure engineering; comprehensive planning; landscape architecture; surveying; wetland delineation; construction engineering; and technology solutions.
- NORESCO employs IAC SDSU Alumni Anthony Sclafani as an Energy Engineer performing energy audits, thermo-economic analyses, and commissioning. NORESCO helps clients reduce energy usage and greenhouse gas emissions by making energy efficiency improvements to infrastructure and operations.
IAC Alumni Owned Companies
- Go Sustainable Energy John Seryak, University of Dayton IAC alumni, is founder and CEO of Go Sustainable Energy. The company provides expertise on ultra energy-efficient industrial and commercial building systems to clients.
- Cascade Energy, Inc. Founded by Company President, Marcus Wilcox, Oregon State IAC alumni. This firm specializes in industrial energy efficiency consulting, with offices in Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho and Illinois.
- Energy & Resource Solutions, Inc. Founded by IAC UMass Alumni, Gary Epstein. The primary objective at ERS, Inc. is to assist utilities, government and large commercial and industrial end users solve complex energy and resource problems in a cost effective manner.
- Energy Facilitation & Management Solutions was started by Jason Knight, PE, and David Gordon. EFM Solutions specializes in energy auditing, utility program management, grant writing, and other energy related services in order to provide a one-stop-shop for the energy reduction needs of utilities, businesses, and municipalities alike. EFM Solutions is currently operating in San Diego, CA, but is pursing opportunities in other states as well.
- Red Wolf Associates has been established by NC State University IAC Alumni Joe Sinodis and Nathan Block. This firm provides engineering services and analysis solutions to support facility managers, ESCOs, and others. In addition to providing typical energy auditing services for industrial, commercial, and governmental facilities, RWA performs detailed energy modeling using a variety of analytical tools.