Outstanding summer internship opportunities are available to IAC students.
The IEE internships are competitively selected during the early winter of the academic year and commence the following summer. DOE's Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO) will formally announce the selections on the IAC Forum website. Salary and any relocation expenses will be paid for by the participating companies. The location and specific activities associated with internships will vary; however, a number a common attributes exist:
- Interns will be actively engaged in real-world engineering, with very limited or no administrative functions;
- Interns will be directly supervised and mentored by more senior engineering professionals;
- Depending on their interests and abilities, interns will be provided with opportunities to extend both the depth and breadth of their engineering and professional skills;
- Interns will prepare a formal project/product by the conclusion of their internship; and
- Interns will be asked to provide specific feedback on their experiences to their respective employers, as well as general comments on the internship program to the IAC Field Manager.